August 17, 2010

Tuesday Morning Music Mix: 2010-08-17

Good morning my little droogies. It must be time for another Tuesday Morning Music Mix. This week I have opened up the format a bit. I have invited some people on my gmail to contribute. If you would like to play along at home all you have to do is become a follower. Blood offerings are not necessary but are always welcome. Next week your track could be in the Guest Musak Spot.

Pomplamoose - Experation Date. Pomplamoose is my big find of the week. 

Dead Kennedys -  Holiday in Cambodia. Surf Rock meets the best kind of Political Punk. 

Beck - Debra. I don`t think this is the official music video but it will have to do. I love how chaunchy this song is.

Sublime - Summertime. This song feel very appropriate.

Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstron - Summertime. I used to have a version of this song on record that could make stone heart soft. This isn`t that version but it`s pretty damn close.

Nat King Cole - This song is as profound as it is sweet. I have heard many versions of it but this one is still the best.

Gil Scott Heron - B Movie. Gil brought out a new album this year. I have really enjoyed it. At the ripe old age of 61 Gil can still write poetry that changes the way I think about my life and the society around me. B Movie isn`t from that album, but it is one of my all time favorites.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show - The Floor Show. Rocky Horror is my favorite musical of all time. I have listened to this soundtrack for longer than I can remember. I remember the day my Father played all the musical numbers from the movie for me. I must have been nine or ten. He fast forwareded through all the racy in between bits but still played fabulous musical numbers like `Sweet Transvestite` and `Rose Tint My World`.

Guest Muzaks

Guitar Wolf - Jet Generation. This is a very appropriate submission from James Pare. If it wasn`t for James I would have never found out about this quartet Japanese amplifier sadists. Wild Zero is a must for any fan of Zombies, Punk, or Japanese Craziness.

Of Montreal - Wraith Pinned to the Mist. This charming track is brought to DrunkClowns by the ever so talented Katie Francis. I had never heard this track before this morning but now find it stuck in my head.





1 comment:

Krista... said...

this is my contribution: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWe07krS8_E

puts the original version to shame.