August 10, 2010

Mojito Monday


I have been a bad blogger, good thing I only have three followers. I visited James and Candice last week when I went down to Victoria. James was hard at work as a mix-master and awoke my sleeping love of mixed drinks. I had forgotten how much fun it is to play bartender in your own kitchen. Pictured is my first home made mojito. I used some frozen blackberries that Krista had given me. Frozen Blackberry Mojitos are amazing.

There is going to be a change of scenery in my future. Starting September 1st I will be a Croftonite; or is it Croftonian? Krista was kind enough to hip me to a pad in Crofton that is one door down from Dan and herself. At least I know the neighbors are awesome.

Last night I went out to go see Weird Al Yankovic at the Port Theater. The show was amazing and left me with a need to re-watch UHF. That movie is pure gold. Today when I was thinking about the concert I had one reoccurring memory. It was of the first time I hung out with Dan Beadle in his basement the summer before the 8th Grade. Dan had every Weird Al cd that was available and was the first person to play me the whole album 'Alapalooza', up to then I had only heard 'Jurassic Park is Frightening in the Dark'. It was a fabulous first impression and I'm not sure what our fates would have been had it not been for Weird Al. I, for instance, might not be here today if not for a friendship forged by the musical styling of Weird Al.

This post was all over the place. I should really learn to pick one subject and stick with it. If that is the kind of thing you are looking for click on any of the links in the first paragraph. Or if you are looking for pictures of frustrated topless ladies the Amazingly Talented Katie Francis has you covered. Good night internet.








2 comments:

James Pare said...

speaking of drinks..i have to get you some tonic still. I will see what i can do this week...and ya for crofton. way easier for me to visit you there...and less driving for you to visit me!

Krista... said...

that drink looks pretty awesome. and i am glad to see the blackberries are being put to good use.